Now that the hot summer months are well behind us, we must get ready for
the cold and inclement weather that is coming this winter. One part of
your home that you must prepare for the winter is your roof.
It is imperative to ensure that your roofing system is in good health to
prevent any unexpected issues from occurring. With money already tight
as it is during the holidays, you do not want to encounter any more surprise expenses.
The following are common ways to prep your roof and gutters for the winter:
- Inspect your roof for any loose or missing shingles and replace them immediately.
- Check for any dents, small tears or holes and contact your insurance company
or a professional roofer to repair the damage.
- Check the flashing around the chimneys, HVAC system, or pipes.
- Clear leaves and debris out of your gutters by using a hose to rinse through,
then rake up any debris your remove from the gutters or spouts.
- Check the upstairs ceilings, attic, and upper crawlspace for any stains
and leaks. If you notice any areas that have a potential for leakage,
check them once again after a rainstorm.
- Add extra insulation to your attic to prevent ice dams from forming on
How T-Town Roofing Can Help
If you notice any problems with your roof, it is best to contact a professional
repairs. Addressing the issues right away and prevent more (expensive) problems
from occurring down the road.
Contact us and request a
free estimate from our Tulsa roofer today.